Friday, June 5, 2009

Friday 05 JUNE 09 Texas






Greetings from Buffalo, Texas!! & yes every store and ranch seems to be named after the mighty American bison. :)

I wanted to share with y'all about the last few days of what I'll call processing time. I do try to get to the essence of the things I describe... but I'm tellin' y'all now if I could do Haiku & get my point across...? I soooo would!!!!

Monday night I almost didn't leave New Jersey. I had this overwhelming sense of fear and started looking for a place to turn the car around. Then a greater sensation took over: The fear that if I went back I'd probably never be able to leave again. I screwed up whatever I had of courage & actually "borrowed" some from each of you. The only lyrics I could recall were a verse from Long Nights "Have no fear for when Im alone I'll be better off than I was before..."

IDK if any of you believe in looking for "signs" of confirmation as you go through your days, but I am dusting off the skills box I packed them up in ages ago. As far as that goes, I will be trying my best to let Love lead the way on this trip. Each of you and a handful more are part and parcel of the signs department. Meaning, if I hear a song that we've listened to or see a sign with your name on it, I consider those as good indications. Imma dork... what can I say? :)

The things I want to remember from the past few days are:

The way the sky looked over the peach groves as the sun set. The giant clouds were blanketed with multi colored jewel tones from the rays that sparkled and shimmered in the slowly dying remains of the early summer sunlight.

At the very first rest stop, I felt the cool evening breeze as it touched my face & went through my hair like the fingertips of a close friend or lover.

The way James Taylor tunes sound better in the mountains.

The bright half moon shining over my left shoulder like a grinning friend, both beautiful and comforting.

The double bridges crossing over the Mississippi river.

The hamburger I had in Rayville, Louisiana. ^^

The longhorn & Brahma cows in the fields of Texas. Ranches with crazy looking entrance ways.

Ruby Falls, Tennessee where I had hiked ages ago... had lunch there on Tuesday and then walked my dogs. What a view!!!!

The way the road curved to give the best view of the small lighted city of Chattanooga, Tennessee.

Passing through the Appalachian mountains, the night air creates a fog which permeates through the forests and roadways.

The song which now reminds me of hanging out with Jilly in the Blarney Stone chatting guys up in SL: "Boots On", by Randy Houser. ROFL... you just KNOW it's true!!!

Off I-495, near the Chevy Chase, MD exit, this surreal looking castle appeared in the night sky in Maryland. I thought I was seeing things! Out of nowhere, just as the road curved, straight ahead was a white "castle" made up of three square buildings of graduating sizes. The center one was the tallest and had a tall, thin, needlelike spire with what looked like a crescent moon on the tip top and a star a few feet under. There were lights attached to the bottom third of the outer walls, pointing upwards. This allowed the bottom portion to remain in the dark, thus creating the "floating" look. If anyone knows what this building is please enlighten me.

No comments:

Post a Comment